Bhubaneswar, Dec 14 (LocalWire) Bhopal-based National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases (NIHSAD) has detected avian influenza virus in dead crows and boiler fowl found near Krushna Prasad in Chilika, on Ganjam-Puri border area.
Puri Chief District Veterinary Officer (CDVO) Girija Prasad Patnaik said they would cull all birds within one-km radius of Sana Sahi on Friday as a precautionary measure.
Meanwhile, here are 10 home remedies to avoid bird flu:
1. Garlic contains allicin that stimulates antioxidant activities in the body. Have 2 garlic pods with warm water on an empty stomach every morning to avoid bird flu.
2. Tulsi or basil has properties that strengthen your immune system against bird flu. Chew some duly washed tulsi leaves in the morning.
3. Bird flu symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, frequent urination and excessive sweating. Drink a lot of water to flush out all toxins from your body.
4. Several studies have shown ginseng to be very effective in treating H1N1 influenza. Brew yourself some ginseng tea to keep safe from bird flu.
5. Add a pinch of anti-inflammatory turmeric with warm milk and drink at bedtime. It is a natural antioxidant and effectively fights flu.
6. Indian gooseberry or amla is rich in vitamin C and is a natural immunity booster. You may have the whole fruit or its juice every day to stay safe from bird flu.
7. Olives are rich in polyphenols and flavonoids which effectively fight bird flu symptoms like nausea, chills, fever and headaches. Include olive extract in your meal every day.
8. Giloy is a general immunity booster and keeps influenza pandemics like swine flu and avian (bird) flu at bay. Get giloy power and concoct a drink.
9. A small piece of pure camphor swallowed with water once or twice a month, helps keep safe from bird flu.
10. Aloe Vera juice is very effective against viral and bacterial infections. Drink aloe vera juice every morning to boost your body’s resistance against bird flu.