Bhubaneswar, Dec 27 (LocalWire): Preparations are in full swing for the world’s largest open air theatrical performance ‘Bargarh Dhanuyatra’.
The 11-day long festival will commence from January 11 and here are 10 interesting things you want to know about the world famous festival.
* The central theme of the yatra borrowed from ‘Krishna Leela and Mathura Vijay’
* It is a play in which every citizen of the city plays a character.
* The stage is spread over five square kilometers.
* Bargarh city turns into Mathura during the yatra.
* Ambapali, situted across river Jeera, converts into Gopapur while river Jeera transforms into river Jamuna during the yatra.
* Kansa rules the small town of western Odisha Bargarh during this period and local residents work as his obedient.
* The demon king Kansa catches offenders on the streets and slaps fine on them.
* District administration confers power on Kansa to take disciplinary action on government employees.
* He listens grievances of local people and instructs district administration to take appropriate measures.
* People worship children, who play the character of Lord Krishna and Balram.