Veteran Actor Ajit Das left to the heavenly abode on 13 September 2020. Mr. Das also tested COVID positive on 1 Sept following which he underwent treatment in a private hospital.
Amidst all this, Ollywood industry has lost an extremely talented actor with a flair in acting.
Here are some must-know facts about the veteran actor Mr Ajit Das.
1. He was born in the green district of Odisha, Maruybhanj on 20 Jan 1949. The journey dates back to 1976 when we first witnessed the talent of Ajit Das in the movie “Sindura Bindu”
as a villain.
2. In the early 1980s, he gave away some of the most critically acclaimed performances for ‘Hakim Babu’ and ‘Megha Mukti’.
3. Mr. Das also served as the Head of the Department of Drama at Utkal Sangeet Mahavidyalaya.
4. His last movie was ‘Ishq Puni Thare’ released in 2018, which also starred Elina Samantaray and
5. He won the national award for the movie Hakim Babu. For his role, he also won the State Film awards and the best actor award. In 2010, he received the Sangeet Natak Academy Award.
6. Mr. Das has acted in around 70 films. Some of his immemorable works include ‘Abhimaan’, ‘Golamgiri’, ‘Tunda Baida’, ‘Mu Tume O Se’, ‘Abhimanyu’, Sahari Bagha’, and many more, where
he played the lead roles.
7. He is an alumnus of the National School of Drama (NSD). During this period, he has produced many plays to allure all of his inbuilt talent.
8. He was a batch mate to late veteran actor Bijay Mohanty, Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah while he was at the NSD.
9. Abhinaya Jagruti Institute of Theatre (AJIT) was set up by Mr. Das, where he nurtured the theatrical talents of the artists. He also guided the students in direction. The first drama was
10. He is not only an actor, but also a leading image-maker, play writer, director, Craftsman, and children theatre movie director.