Bhubaneswar, June 6 (LocalWire): Its that time of the year once again when students who appeared for the OJEE and JEE Advance exam need to select the college they want to get admitted to so that they can enrol as soon as the counselling process begins.
The Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) scheduled to be conducted on April 1 was postponed due to Cyclone Fani to 8-9 June while the JEE Advance results are being awaited.
Here is a list to help you decide which college to get admitted in.
* Be sure of taking up engineering only because you are interested in it as a subject and not due to family or peer pressure.
* Decide which branch you want to study. Don’t go after the brand. Studying in a big college without your desired branch is not going to work in the long run.
* Shortlist the colleges which provide a good foundation for your preferred field of interest.
* The best review of the college can be obtained from the students studying in the college. Talk to any present student of the college you want to take admission in and question them about all the things you need to know.
* Check the curriculum of the college and check whether your preferred subject has a good faculty.
* Look for the college which has scope for research and internship as these experiences are going to help you later in shaping your career.
* Check the extracurricular activities provided by the college as these are added skills that would add to your credits.
* Get to know the fees structure and overall expenses for your course in the college of your preference.
* Look out for any scholarships that are being provided by the college and try to obtain one of them.
* Go through the placement record of the college and find out how many students have got a job after completing their graduation.