Bhubaneswar, June 7 (LocalWire): Students who have cleared the high school certificate (HSC) examination in Odisha have started to apply for their admission to Plus Two courses from Thursday.
Here we have shared 10 things that one should know before logging on the e-Admission portal, Student Academic Management System (SAMS), to register themselves and access the Common Application Form (CAF) online.
The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) Board Class 12 exams were conducted across the state from March 7 to March 30 and the Plus II science result was declared on June 3.
Here the Lists to remember before filling plus two online application forms:
1) SAMS Odisha has begun the process of admissions for Plus Two courses across streams both through offline and online mode from 6 June 2019.
2) Students need to apply before the last date of registration. The last date for submission of online applications is 20 June 2019, while offline applications can be submitted till 21 June 2019.
3) SAMS has activated the link for Odisha +2 admission and students can visit the official website of the board at http://www.samsodisha.gov.in.
4) Students need to fill up the CAF for the admission process. If a student wants to fill the form offline, they can submit it at the nearest SAMS Resource Centre along with all supporting documents.
5) Students need to submit the CAF with the due application fees. Application forms submitted without the fee will be treated as incomplete. Here is the detail of the CAF Fee.
General Category applicants: Rs 300; ST, SC category applicants: Rs 200; Persons with more than 40% disability), orphans and the transgender candidates: no fees.
6) All applicants need to register for admission using their mobile number and email-id. The same mobile number and email-id cannot be used for the second registration.
7) Since all details regarding the admission will be sent on the registered number students should make sure to register using an active mobile number.
8) The SAMS website allows students to check the college profile by clicking on individual HSS profile. Students need to click on http://dheodisha.gov.in/DHE/KeyDates_Junior.
aspx and enter the district and college name to access necessary details like the total no of student’s intake, hostel fees, college fees, streamwise cut-off and cut off for hostel admission. College wise cut-off is also provided on the site.
9) Students should take extra care while filling the CAF. Fill the name of colleges according to your priority. In the first round of admissions, you may need to take admission in the college where you are eligible as per the cut-offs.
If you don’t get your desired college don’t get disappointed as there will be more rounds of counseling along with a spot round.
10) Students are advised to fill the form beforehand and avoid the last-minute rush.