Bhubaneswar, Nov 27 (LocalWire) Odisha is all set to host the 14th edition of Men’s Hockey World Cup in capital city Bhubaneswar from Nov 28.
There is an adrenaline rush in the state as a gala opening ceremony at Kalinga Stadium on Nov 27 will see performances by music maestro AR Rahman and superstar Shah Rukh Khan. It will; be followed by the World Cup Celebrations event will take place at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack on Nov 28.
Here are 12 facts that you must not miss about Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018:
1. The event scheduled to be held from Nov 28 to Dec 16 at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
2. Sixteen teams, including India, Australia, Argentina, New Zealand, Spain, France, England, Ireland, China, Canada, South Africa, Germany, Malaysia, Pakistan, Netherlands and Belgium, will be participating in the event.
3. The 16 teams are dividing into 4 groups with 4 teams each. Each team plays once in the group. The team in the first place goes to the quarter-finals, with the second and third place holders going for crossover matches. From that point, single elimination matches will be played.
4. Olive Ridley turtle “Olly” is the mascot of Hockey World Cup, celebrating the endangered reptiles of Odisha.
5. Online sales of tickets, priced at Rs. 500 each, for both inaugural and World Cup Celebrations events began at 12 noon on Nov 20 at http://ticketgenie.in/event/hwc-opening-ceremony. However, the website crashed due to heavy traffic and remained down for hours.
6. Online tickets to the hockey matches can be booked at https://in.ticketgenie.in/Sports/hockey-world-cup-2018
7. Tickets can also be physically bought from outlets, including Sports Emporium, Sister Mobile, SS Frozen World, Bhootnath Mobile World, B21, In & Out and Bodyline Sports.
8. Official ticket service provider Ticketgenie said coins, bottles, tins, cans, bags (except lady’s handbags), bottles, lighters, musical instruments, flammable, toxic, metal containers, firecrackers, fireworks, weapons, helmets and outside food and beverages will not be allowed inside the stadium.
9. Use of transistors, computers, cameras or any other audio visual recording equipment, for recording and / or communication of the match details, statistics, images etc is strictly prohibited inside the stadium.
10. Entry gates will open 2 hours before the start of the first match.
11. No entry to the stadium will be allowed without a valid ticket or with a ticket which is torn, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
12. Helpline numbers provided by Ticketgenie are +918041150910, +918217395364 [ Timing : IST 10:00am to 06:00pm ].