Berhampur, Jan 1 (LocalWire) As many as 23 people fell ill after allegedly consuming stale food at a community feast at Godapalana near Polsara in Ganjam district, said police on Tuesday.
While 22 victims were admitted at Polasara Community Health Center (CHC) on Monday evening, one more victim of the same village was admitted on Tuesday.
The condition of all victims, including five children, is stated to be good, said a medical officer.
Chief District Medical Officer (CDMO) Sadananda Mishra said an expert team from Berhampur rushed to Polsara to attend to the affected people.
Doctor said food poisoning was the reason behind the illness.