Bhubaneswar, Oct 20 (LocalWire) In a freak mishap, a two-year-old toddler died in Deogarh district today as he slipped into a steel container in the kitchen which had boiled water to cook rice.
The tragic incident occurred at around 8.30 am in Samantapali village under Deogarh town police station and the victim was identified as Prince, son of Prasant Sahu.
Other family members, who were not nearby when the playful baby was moving around, rushed to rescue him as he screamed and cried for help. But, it was too late.
The baby was received dead at the local hospital, police said adding a case of unnatural death (UD) case has been registered.