Bhubaneswar, Oct 17 (LocalWire): In a case of gross medical negligence, a broken piece of injection needle used for vaccinating a male baby was left stuck in his thigh by a staff of a government-run hospital in Angul district.
The child experienced excruciating pain as the foreign object was embedded in his body for almost a month.
Later the parents noticed the needle stuck in their son’s thigh and took him to hospital.
The baby heaved a sigh of relief as the needle was finally removed by hospital staff.
‘My son was in pain ever since he was vaccinated at Madhapur community health centre in Athamallick sub division last month. Negligence of this nature is unpardonable.
We will draw the attention of higher authorities seeking penal action against the nurse who left the needle while injecting my son,’ said the child’s father, Sitakant Panda.
Meanwhile, Angul district health authorities have launched a probe into the incident.