Bhubaneswar, Oct 7 (LocalWire): Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has announced free medical treatment for the persons injured in the fire accident at the petrol pump near Raj Bhawan, officials said today.
Around noon today, a huge explosion was felt at a petrol pump near Governor house in Bhubaneswar.
Fire broke out at the site and at least 8 people sustained grievous injuries in the blast, reports say.
The intensity of the blast was such that an earthquake-like shock wave was felt in the nearby areas, residents and bystanders said.
Twin city police commissioner Sudhansu Sarangi informed that the Commissionerate police has registered a suo moto criminal case for the incident and began investigation.
Besides, Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan, has asked the Secretary to conduct a probe and hold discussions with senior officials of the Odisha Government and IOCL and submit a report.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister wished the victims a speedy recovery.