Bhubaneswar, Mar 21 (Local Wire): Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday announced lockout of five districts and eight cities for a week starting from Sunday. While the movement of public transport, closure of offices and several restrictions have been put on close to 19 services have been exempted from the list.
Following are the services exempted from the lockout order of the government keeping in mind the threat from Coronavirus.
Exempted services, duties and professions:
1. Offices charged with law and order and magisterial duties
— Sub Collector
4. Urban Local Bodies
6. Rail, Air and Inter-city Bus Transport (Local administration will regulate eateries in these premises)
7. Electricity, Water and Municipal Services
9. Print, Electronic and Social Media
10. Telecom & Internet Services including IT&ITeS
11. Postal services
12. Supply chain and related transportation
13. E-Commerce (delivery) of all essential goods including food,
pharmaceutical and medical equipment
14. Food, Groceries, Milk, Bread, Fruit, Vegetable, Meat, Fish and
their transportation related activities and warehousing
15. Take away/ home delivery restaurants
16. Hospitals, Chemist stores, Optical stores, Pharmaceuticals manufacturing and their transportation related activities.
17. Petrol pumps, LPG gas, Oil agencies, their godown Viand their transportation related activities.
18. Production and Manufacturing Units which require continuous process may continue to function, after obtaining:required permission from the Collector.
19. Manufacturing units engaged in production of essential commodities.