Berhampur, Nov 29 (LocalWire) A fire broke out at a residential educational institute in Berhampur, fire officials said on Thursday.
No casualty has been reported so far. At least 24 students have been rescued as fire broke out at the ground floor of the multi-storeyed building early Thursday, said Berhampur assistant fire officer (AFO) SK Mohapatra.
The students from Class V to Plus II, along with three staff, were sleeping in the second floor of the building when the incident happened.
“We rushed to the spot immediately and started to rescue the boarders from the building to the safer place” said Mohapatra.
At least two fire tenders and 15 officials finally managed to control the flames.
The exact cause of the outbreak of fire was yet to be known, while fire officials are suspecting a short-circuit.