Bhubaneswar, Dec 8 (LocalWire): A massive fire broke out at Gandamunda branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce early Saturday, said a fire official.
Properties worth over lakhs were reportedly gutted in the mishap.
The second floor of the bank caught fire past midnight.
Sighting thick smoke coming out of the second floor of the bank, the bank’s security guard and locals called up the fire brigade.
Three fire tenders reached the spot and swung into action. Fire fighters broke open the front glass of the building and doused the flames after an hour long effort.
Short-circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the mishap, a fire personnel said.