Balasore, December 10 (LocalWire): Several important files, documents, and computers were gutted in a mysterious fire that broke out in the office of sub-registrar on Monday night here.
The local shopkeepers who saw thick smoke billowing out of the building at around 9:30 pm had immediately informed the fire station.
Three fire tenders were pressed into service and while they were able to quickly douse the fire the properties were gutted.
While no injury or loss of life has been reported, the assessment of the damage could be not be made immediately since it was night and the rooms were filled with thick smoke.
The district authority will conduct an inquiry into the incident on Tuesday, a district level officer said.