Berhampur, Dec 8 (LocalWire) A 32-year woman and her 5-year son succumbed to burn injuries at a private hospital in Buubaneswar on Saturday.
According to police, the duo had sustained critical burn injuries in a fire mishap at their house at Gayatri Nagara near First Gate area here.
The deceased were identified as Santoshini Panda and Madhaba.
Two others, including a woman, are battling for their lives with severe burns at the hospital.
Berhampur Assistant Fire Officer (AFO) Sanatana Mohapatra said a fire broke out at their rented house due to a gas leakage.