Berhampur, July 21 (LocalWire): Three people were electrocuted in two separate incidents under Berhampur Sadara police station limits today.
The deceased were identified as Sarat Chandra Behera, an employee
of Southco Utility, a power distribution company, Arun Kumar Sabat, a mason of Sadananda Bihar and Kalia Sethi of Jagadalapur.
Sabat was removing debries from the roof of an under-construction house at Alakapuri, when he came in contact with a 11-KV electric line that was passing near the house.
Behera, the house-owner was also electrocuted while trying to rescue the mason. Both died on the spot, said SDPO Berhampur Sadara, Jayant Kumar Mohapatra.
In another incident Sethi died when he came in contact with a live wire in his house at Jagadalapur on the outskirts of the city.
He was repairing an old table fan, said the SDPO.
The bodies were sent to MKCG Medical College for post mortem, he added.