Bhubaneswar, December 13 (LocalWire):A HIV positive man from Mayurbhanj district died of burn injuries on Friday as he self immolated.
The HIV carrier got into a room, poured kerosene and set himself on fire by closing the doors.
Family members broke open the door and took him to Rairangpur sub divisional hospital.
The diseased man who had sustained 90 per cent burn injuries later succumbed to injuries; police said adding that an unnatural case has been registered in this connection.
Police preferred to keep the deceased’s identity confidential citing the apex court’s ruling with regard to HIV/AIDS carriers.
However we are investigating the exact reason that drove the HIV positive man to take to the extreme step, police added.