Bhubaneswar, Dec 22 (LocalWire) Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao (KCR) will meet his Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar on Sunday (Dec 23).
Here are 10 things you may want to know about Naveen Patnaik-KCR meet:
1. The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) president’s visit comes a day before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s scheduled visit to the state on Dec 24.
2. KCR’s visit is seen crucial ahead of the 2019 General Elections when speculations are rife over a political alliance between non-BJP and non-Congress parties.
3. Party sources said KCR will meet the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) chief to discuss possibilities of a tie-up before the Lok Sabha polls. However, there is no official confirmation on the issue.
4. After his meeting with Patnaik, KCR will offer prayers at the famous Lord Jagannath Temple in Puri on Monday (Dec 24).
5. On Monday he will fly out to meet his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata.
6. He will go to Delhi to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday (Dec 25).
7. KCR is also scheduled to meet Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati.
8. After TRS swept the assembly election polls on Dec 11, KCR said time has come to form a consortium of regional parties soon.
9. With KCR focusing on a Federal Front, a statement from the Chief Minister’s Office on Friday said the TRS has booked a special flight for one month.
10. Earlier, KCR had met former prime minister and Janata Dal (Secular) [JD(S)] chief HD Deve Gowda over a possible alternative front.