Bhubaneswar, Dec 22 (LocalWire) With Odisha assembly polls and General Elections 2019 round the corner, Prime Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) poster boy Narendra Modi will visit the state on Monday (Dec 24).
Here are 10 things to know about Modi’s visit to the state:
1. BJP Odisha in-charge Arun Singh told reporters Modi will attend a mega public rally at Khurda on Dec 24.
2. The rally will be organized as a part of BJP’s ongoing ‘Jana Paramarsa’ campaign, where the party is hosting public meetings across the state to highlight the alleged failure of the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) government.
3. Modi is also scheduled to lay foundation stone for a permanent building of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Berhampur during his Odisha visit.
4. He will lay the foundation stone through the video-conferencing from Bhubaneswar.
5. The PM is scheduled to release a commemorative coin and postage stamp in memory of Paika Rebellion.
6. Modi will also be inaugurating the Archaeological Museum, Lalitgiri, which will add a new facet of tourism in the region and increase the immense potential of employment generation.
7. He will lay the foundation stones of two important pipeline projects worth Rs 7200 crore that will be completed in two years.
8. The first one is IndianOil’s Paradip-Hyderabad Pipeline project and the second, GAIL’s (India) the Bokaro-Angul section of the Jagdishpur-Haldia & Bokaro-Dhamra pipeline (JHBDPL).
9. After arriving at Biju Patnaik International Airport, Modi will fly to Jatani in a helicopter. After inaugurating Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhubaneswar campus there, the Prime Minister will travel to IISER in Berhampur by road.
10. The Commissionerate Police said they have beefed up security ahead of Modi’s visit. At least 2100 police personnel, 300 police official and four Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCPs) will be deployed for the PM’s security.