Bhubaneswar, June 21 (LocalWire): National Spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Sambit Patra has now filed a plea before the Supreme Court to allow Rath Yatra during the Coronavirus crisis.
Patra has now sought clarification from the SC and also asked for modification of the order to ensure the Rath Yatra is not cancelled in Odisha this year.
“Today I filed an application for clarification/modification of earlier order of SC and sought permission for the Holy Rath Yatra of Shri Jagannath Mahaprabhu in Puri scheduled for 23rd June.
Hope all our prayers are answered by the Lord of the Universe,” he said in a statement.
According to national media reports, he also said in his petition that 800 sevayats of Puri Jagannath temple should be allowed to conduct the Rath Yatra as they have allegedly tested negative for Coronavirus.
Patra also unsuccessfully contested for the Lok Sabha seat from Puri last year.