Bhubaneswar, December 10 (LocalWire) :Deeply upset over being scolded by family for bunking classes, a 13 year old tribal boy died of critical burn injuries in Mayurbhanj district today after he self immolated, police said.
The boy, a student of Class 8, took to the drastic after being admonished by his elder sister for not going to school in the morning. The incident took place at Pasuda village under Khunta police station jurisdiction of the district.
The deceased has been identified as Kalidas Marandi, police said.
Apparently infuriated over the matter, the boy got in a room, poured kerosene and set himself on fire by closing the doors.
Family members broke open the door and took him to the Pandit Raghunath Murmu Medical College & Hospital in Baripada.
Marandi who had sustained 90 per cent burn injuries later died, police said adding that an unnatural case has been registered in this connection.