Bolangir, July 9 (LocalWire): At least six people of a family fell sick after consuming poisonous mushrooms growing in the wild in Ghunasur village under Khaprakhole block of Bolangir district today.
The sick have been shifted to the district headquarter hospital. Doctors said all of them are recovering fast and are out of danger.
Mushroom poisoning leads to gastrointestinal disorder, which may turn fatal if not hospitalised on time. The immediate symptoms of mushroom poisoning are stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhoea and drop in blood pressure, according to health personnel.