Bhubaneswar, December 12 (LocalWire): Retired bureaucrat Taradatt and head of the task force that was set up in 2014 to investigate lands allotted under discretionary quota, has said that the state government has not taken any tangible and concrete action against those who benefitted by misusing the discretionary land quota system.
The task force had pointed out that a select bunch of politicians, sitting and retired judges and some journalists had benefitted from by submitting false affidavits and recommended criminal action against arbitrary allotment of properties worth hundreds of crore in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
Speaking to the LocalWire Taradatt on Wednesday claimed that he had personally requested the chief minister Naveen Patnaik to initiate criminal action against the beneficiaries of land doles.
“I had met Patnaik ji immediately after the submission of the task force report”.
He was quite gracious and spoke highly of me for successfully conducting the inquiry,” he said.
“I had called upon the CM to suggest stringent action in the matter.
I told him that tough action will considerably enhance his image as clean, upright and transparent chief minister,” he said.
“I told him that he is least involved in the land scam and tough action will heighten his stature as an honest administrator.
He had also nodded to my suggestion.
However, I am not happy as nothing tangible and concrete has occurred so far and things have not come to a logical conclusion with regard to the misuse of the discretionary land quota system,” the retired bureaucrat stated.
The task force had found that over 1,800 plot and house allotments were made unlawfully by the Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) and Cuttack Development Authority (CDA), the Odisha State Housing Board and the General Administration.
Taradatt has also written an autobiography titled “Highlanders’ Plainspeak” that is releasing on 18 December and captures his stint in bureaucracy and his experience as an administrator.