Berhampur, Feb 10 (LocalWire): People bid a tearful farewell to the victims who died of electrocution when a bus carrying them caught fire Sunday after coming in contact with the 11-kv live wire near Mandrajpur village in Ganjam district .
Heart-wrenching scene were seen at Dangalpadu village when eight bodies were put on the funeral pyre Sunday evening and consigned to flames.
The body of K. Sanju was taken by his family members to Bada Chandanbada, a nearby village.
A large number of people gathered at the village after the incident to console the family members and relatives of those killed in tragic incident.
As the funeral procession passed in the village one after other, people were seen tears in their eyes to see the death of such a number of people in a day.
“Before my daughter boarded the bus, she was very happy as she was going to attend the marriage negation of one of the youth in the village.
It was very difficult for me to accept that my daughter is no more,” said Gopal Sahu whose 12-year old daughter Santoshini died in the mishap.
Kunti, the daughter of B.Laxmi (45) who was injured in the incident, said, “She was injured severely in the incident and was referred to the SCB Medical College and Hospital.” She fortunately survived as she did not board the bus.
The Police personnel assisted the family members of the deceased, sub divisional police officer of Berhampur, Sadar Jayant Kumar Mohapatra said.
Edited by Meenal Singh