Cuttack, 25 Oct (LocalWire): Three women from the same family died of electrocution today noon while drying wet clothes on an aluminum rope at the backyard of their house in Batei village under Salipur police station jurisdiction of Cuttack district.
The deceased have been identified as Sita Mallick and her daughters-in-law Nandita Mallick and Pushpalata Mallick.
Nandita received an electric shock while drying clothes. Later, the other two were electrocuted while trying to save her. All of them died on the spot.
The aluminum wire had come in contract with a sagging live wire and was charged, leading to the tragic mishap, police said adding that an unnatural death case has been registered in this connection.